Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Headboard

A few months ago, my sister stole the bed I was using in my spare bedroom. It was part of a bunk bed set-she had the other half-and now needed my half. In return she gave me a bed with no head board. Part of me was sad to see the bed go, but part of me was excited that I had an excuse to make a new headboard!

On the same shopping trip that I bought my desk, I also bought some ceiling tin (sorry, I’ve been really bad about taking before pictures!). I bought it with the headboard in mind. I enlisted the help of my dad and here is what we came up with:

My dad made me a simple frame out of some scrap wood to mount the tin on. I spray painted it brown and painted the tin an off white. The tin was looking a little to stark, so I applied some stain to it.

After we finished the headboard, my dad and I headed off to the Wild home opener. Fun!

Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!


Linking to:

Monday, October 10, 2011

Jazzed Up Burp Cloths

I have been working on building up my supply of jazzed up burp cloths. Here are a few new ones I made and currently have on supply. The burp cloths are $5 each or 2 for $9.  Contact me at if you are interested in purchasing one.


Sunday, October 9, 2011


I was feeling a bit sick of some of the throw pillows on my couch. I was feeling inspired by some pillows I had seen on my latest addiction…Pinterest. I decided to recover/repurpose some throw pillows that I had. Here are two of the new ones:

For the bottom pillow, I used the same technique as I did on my office chair redo. I am really having fun painting of fabric!


linking to:

Office Chair Redo

Well, its been a while, but I’m back with some new projects! I have been busy working on a few different things, this chair being one of them. After I re-did my office desk, I wasn’t happy with how my current chair looked with it. I kept my eyes open for a chair I could fix up and found one at a garage sale. I forgot to take a before picture, but it was black, peeling, and a little sad. Here is what I came up with:

I started out by sanding down the chair and priming it. I painted it with some oops paint I found at Home Depot for a whopping 50 cents! It matched the blue in my comforter perfectly! I recovered the seat with some fabric I had on hand. To spruce it up a bit, I cut out a design on vinyl with my Cricut and used it as a stencil. I stuck my “stencil” to the fabric and painted it the same paint color as the chair. Voila! Loving the pop of color it brings to the room.


linking to: