Sunday, October 16, 2011

New Headboard

A few months ago, my sister stole the bed I was using in my spare bedroom. It was part of a bunk bed set-she had the other half-and now needed my half. In return she gave me a bed with no head board. Part of me was sad to see the bed go, but part of me was excited that I had an excuse to make a new headboard!


On the same shopping trip that I bought my desk, I also bought some ceiling tin (sorry, I’ve been really bad about taking before pictures!). I bought it with the headboard in mind. I enlisted the help of my dad and here is what we came up with:





My dad made me a simple frame out of some scrap wood to mount the tin on. I spray painted it brown and painted the tin an off white. The tin was looking a little to stark, so I applied some stain to it.


After we finished the headboard, my dad and I headed off to the Wild home opener. Fun!



Hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!


Lexi


Linking to:


www.iheartnaptime.net

No comments:

Post a Comment