Sunday, November 27, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Nursery Edition

On November 15, I became an aunt for the 6th time and this time I can finally say I have a nephew! Little Trig Matthew is just a cutie and I had the privilege of helping decorate his nursery. My sister did not know the gender of the baby, so as soon as he was born, we got to work.

First, my sister picked out the bedding and I went to town from there. My brother in law and I painted the walls last weekend and then I had to leave to go back to work for a couple of days before Thanksgiving vacation. We worked on the nursery part of the day Friday and all day Saturday and here is how it turned out:

walking in the door- the comforter was the inspiration

Love this gallery wall! I made the canvas pictures, and cut out the “T” and “Vroom” with my cricut. My sister painted the canvas and green frame.

Other side of the window. Again, I used my cricut to cut out all the letters and my sister painted it.

Newborn pictures above the crib. We bought some scrap wood, cut it to size, sanded, painted and modge podged on the pictures. We wanted them a bit bigger but couldn’t resist the $0.69 wood.

Check out more of his work at www.brentkastner.com. Here is the link for more pictures from Trig’s photo shoot: http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.307625219255224.81396.114388051912276&type=3

I whipped up these curtains. My mom had the idea to add the orange to the bottom which added a fun pop of color!

We added a simple banner above the changing table. My sister didn’t want much on this wall so that when Trig is older he won’t have much to pull down!

I’d say he’s enjoying his new room!!!

Since I was doing new things in Trig’s room, his sisters also wanted a project for their room. Here is what we did:

Names on the bunk beds

I had put something similar to this in the nursery wall when my niece Brynn was born. The girls loved it so we decided to put it on canvas and make it more portable.

So, that’s what I was up to this Thanksgiving weekend! Don’t worry, I had plenty of time to eat way more than I should have! Hope you all had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Lexi

1 comment:

  1. This looks INCREDIBLE!!! I love all the little features. You are so creative Lexi!

    ReplyDelete