Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thrifty Thursday: On Ice

Confession: I have pinned way too many things on pinterest. I do not know when I'll ever make half the things I have pinned. However, it does come in handy quite often. Like yesterday, for example, when I needed an ice pack and didn't have one. I actually remembered I had pinned how to make a homemade ice pack.

So here is your Thrifty Thursday idea:



3 parts water to 1 cup rubbing alcohol
 
Throw it all in a Ziploc bag, freeze and you have yourself an ice pack.

For my ice pack, I had a quart sized bag and used 3 cups water and 1 cup rubbing alcohol. It works really well, because it doesn't freeze solid. It is still movable. I think it does work better if you let it freeze overnight before using. I tried it after freezing it for a day and then again the next day and it was much firmer the second day.
 
Word of advice--make sure your bag is tightly sealed before using:)

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment