Ok, so I tried really hard to figure out how to be able to post pictures amongst the blog, but I failed. So, back to posting all the pictures at the beginning. I'll keep trying:) Anyway, I am super excited to share my latest project with all of you. I really love how it turned out.
One day when I was looking at the Pottery Barn catalog, I saw the picture at the top of this post. My dad and I had made a Pottery Barn inspired bench last fall, and I had just found some baskets that fit in the cubbies. I loved how Pottery Barn added the numbers to their baskets in the picture, so I went on a hunt around my apartment to see what I could find to jazz up my baskets. I found a small picture frame and a wooden oval left over from another project (pictured above).
I painted the frame and the oval with some cream paint that I had and painted the glass of the frame with chalkboard paint. I used my Cricut to cut out a black vinyl number 1 to put on the oval. After the paint had dried, I sanded the edges of the frame and distressed the edges of the oval with black ink. I used my chalk to draw a number 3 on the glass. I wanted one basket to have solid number, so I went to Michaels and found an unfinished wood number 2 for 99 cents. I painted that cream as well and distressed the edges with black ink.
To attach the numbers to the baskets I used some twine and hot glue. I didn't want to glue them directly to the baskets in case some day I don't want them on anymore. Just a little note of advice: make sure that you glue your numbers to the front of the basket, not the side. Yes, spoken from experience. I got a little excited to finish.
Like I said, I love how they turned out. My favorite part of this project was that is only cost me 99 cents!
linking to: www.iheartnaptime.net