Friday, January 20, 2012

Free For All Friday: Birthday Celebration and Good Read

Yesterday, the family that I nanny for celebrated my birthday. My birthday isn’t until tomorrow, but since I don’t work on Fridays, we celebrated yesterday. I feel so blessed to work for a family who, even though they are very busy people, they take the time to make my birthday special. They made me these really yummy cupcakes and had gifts all ready.

(this picture was taken at the end of the day when we’d all had our fill of cupcake goodness!)

I couldn’t help but laugh at the three year old I nanny for. Right away in the morning, he pointed out which three cupcakes he had picked for himself-- one for after lunch, one for snack, and one for after dinner. He was very possessive of his cupcakes and made sure to tell all his siblings which ones were off limits for them. (The three he picked out were the ones with the most frosting and sprinkles).

I also got a very sweet card from the six year old that made my day!

On another note, I just finished reading the book Matched by Ally Condie. It was a good read. It reminded me slightly of the Hunger Games, so if you enjoyed those books, I think you’d enjoy this.

Hope you all have a really great weekend!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment