Monday, May 7, 2012

Made it Monday: Ring Bling

Happy Monday! Hope you had a fantastic weekend! I had a fun weekend catching up with a couple of good friends from out of town.  I went to the  Mall of America with one friend and got to go to a Lorie Line concert with the other. Here is a picture from the concert—Lorie Line is an amazing pianist!

Over the weekend, I also ran into Joann Fabrics and found some really cute buttons. I thought they would make perfect rings for summer.

These were so easy (and cheap!) to make. All you have to do is cut off the back of the button (the button hole) to make the back flat. Then, I measured some elastic to the size of my finger and hot glued it on the back of the button. Super easy, super fast and super cute.


I had also seen a tutorial on Pinterest (via The Ribbon Retreat http://www.theribbonretreat.com/blog/ric-rac-rose.html) for another cute rosette ring that I wanted to try. It was made out of ric rac, so I picked some up on my trip to Joann’s.

I started with two pieces of ric rac that were 21” long.

I twisted/braided them together. I had some issues here. Mine was not looking like the tutorial did and it took me a while to get it twisted and still remain flat. I think the ric rac in the tutorial was a softer material. My ric rac was kind of stiff, so that may have had something to do with it.

Once I finally got the twisting figured out, I rolled it up.

Then, I hot glued the excess ribbon underneath the rosette.

I couldn’t get the edges to “bloom” like they did on the tutorial either, but I think it is cute as is.

You can buy a ring base to put these flowers on as well, but I had a lot of elastic at home and knew that worked just as well. Here all the rings are together:

On a side note, please excuse my un-manicured nails in these pictures. I am slightly embarrassed that the one time I show my nails in a post this is how they look! I also had marker and paint on my hands (in the pictures with the rosette ring) from helping in nursery at church earlier in the day.
I’ll be back tomorrow with another recipe for you to try, so be sure to check back then!
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment