Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What the Word Says Wednesday

Last week was a success! All of the verses are memorized! Here are my new verses for week 2:
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10: “But he said to me “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses so that Christ’s  power may rest on me. That is why for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”
1 Peter 5:6-7: “Humble yourselves, therefore under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”
Even though I have already memorized 1 Peter 5:7, I included it this week because of something I read in Calm My Anxious Heart. The author was talking about how we often quote verse 7, but ignore verse 6, where it says to humble ourselves. Sometimes, even though it is really hard, we just need to humble ourselves and give our worries over to God. We just need to trust that he is in control and know what is best for us.
On a side note, I finished the 10k on Saturday! I finished in an hour (same as the last 10k). I was a little disappointed since I wanted to beat my last time, but this was still a pretty good time considering my side hurt really badly for over 2 miles! It was a chilly and rainy morning, but once we started running, it wasn’t bad. I am really happy that it is done and over!
Enjoy the rest of your week!
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment