Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What the Word Says Wednesday: Week 5

Over the past few weeks, I’ve talked a lot about standing on God’s promises—memorizing them and quoting them. Today, my daily email devotional confirmed (again) what has been on my heart. The devotional is from Proverbs 31 Ministries. Their daily devotional is called Encouragement for Today. (I’m not sure if I linked it to today’s devotional only, or just the devotional in general-but the one I am referring to is Measuring Up by Renee Swope on May 30, 2012.) I’d encourage all of you to read it.

This weeks verse is 2 Thessalonians 3:3:

“But the Lord is Faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”

Most of you may know that I work as a nanny. I have decided to have a few verses be our summer (and really life) mottos. These are the verses I bring up when we are having honesty issues, complaining issues, or “I can’t” issues:

“The Lord hates lying lips, but he delights in those that are truthful.” Proverbs 12:22

“Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may be become blameless and pure children of God.”  Philippians 2:14-15

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13

I think these are great verses to get into the kids’ hearts. Hopefully they will begin to sink in:)

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment