Monday, May 14, 2012

Made it Monday: Casserole Carrier

Happy Monday! What a beautiful day we had here in Minnesota! It helped start the week off right.

I had a really productive weekend, and am excited to share this first project with you: a casserole dish carrier. I have had this on my to do list for quite some time, but busyness got in the way and I kept moving it down on the list. Here is the finished product:

image

image

image

If I had went shopping specifically for fabric for this, I probably would have chosen something else, but I had this on hand and think it turned out just fine! I used a couple of different tutorials to make this. Here are the links to the blogs:

2 Little Hooligans (casserole carrier):

http://www.2littlehooligans.com/2010/10/24/casserole-carrier-tutorial/

She used handmade straps. I’m all about simple and saving time. The next link used these woven straps instead—way easier!

Its Taylor Made (originally found it here):

http://www.itstaylormade.com/2011/10/casserole-carrier.html

The next link has the tutorial for attaching the straps.

Homemade by Jill (strap tutorial):

http://homemadebyjill.blogspot.com/2011/01/insulated-casserole-carriers.html

I think she says her strap was 82” or something like that. My piece was 75” and worked perfectly.

Here is the inside:

image

The only thing I added, to stay in true Lexi fashion, were the rosettes on top. I think it gave it a little needed pizazz. I did use a little smaller velcro too, just because I had that on hand. I probably would use larger the next time though. I still have a little fabric left so maybe I’ll make a matching potholder…it may just take a while to actually get it made.

Stay tuned for more fun projects that I got done over the weekend…

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment