Monday, June 11, 2012

Made it Monday: Memo Board Revamp


One of my recent projects I did was revamp my memo board. I used it initially to hold Christmas cards, then to hold mail and notes. I didn’t take a before picture of it and it is not a project I had featured on my blog in the past-oops!
I had originally taken the idea from a Pottery Barn catalog. It was a goodwill frame with some jute strung across to hang Christmas cards from. I continued using it well after Christmas, but I was running out of space to hang mailings and such from. Then I saw this post over at one of my favorite blogs, Shanty 2 Chic.
I knew that I just had to add a few more jute strips to mine. I also spray painted it and updated the rosettes. Here is the new and improved version:





It is much easier to hang things from this one!

On a side note, I finally finished decorating my framed peg board!! It only took me, well, a really long time!

I wanted to have easy access to all my ribbon. My ribbon drawer was getting cramped and it was getting hard to find the ribbon I wanted. This is a great solution. I think I use my ribbon more now that I can see it!


I also love the easy access to my cutting utensils. I am really bad about loosing scissors (currently, my sewing/fabric scissors is missing), so it helps to have a spot where there is usually always one hanging.


Since these pictures, I’ve added a clipboard that helps me keep track of any orders I have to fill and the projects I want to work on next.
Hope you had a fab weekend!
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment