Sunday, April 17, 2011

Door Decoration

Hey guys! I have a new fun project to share with you today. A while ago, my dad gave me some cupboard doors that his company was going to throw away (gasp). A couple of them had a cupboard door on top and a drawer attached to the bottom (to show finishes and such). I had my dad separate them for me which left me with this:

I loved the blue color and decided to make it into a door decoration and put a bird on it (yes, just like that lovely video someone showed me and now I think of it every time I buy or put a bird on something). I got out my cricut and first cut out a branch.

I used transfer tape to put it on the sign.

I used an exacto knife to cut off the pieces that didn’t fit. Then I put the bird on and added the word “spring.” I figure I can peel that off once summer hits.

I used jute to make a hanger and hot glued it on top.

I love how it turned out!

Lexi

1 comment: