Saturday, April 30, 2011

End Table Re-do

A few weeks ago, I made a trip to Goodwill and found an end table that needed a little TLC, but would be perfect for in my guest bedroom. I wish I would have remembered to take a good before picture! The top was coming off and there was a large gap between the drawer and the support bar. So, when I went to my parents’ for Easter, I loaded it up to give it a makeover.


First my dad figured out why there was the gap by the drawer. Turns out someone put the drawer slider hardware (sorry for my lack of technical terms here) on the wrong sides, causing the gap. Then we tightened the screws for the top, and it was good as new and ready for paint. First, I sanded it down.



Then, I gave it a couple of coats of cream paint. I also added a scrap piece of bead board to the back of it. Finally, I sanded the edges to give it a little distressed look. I found the blue knob at Lowes-it matched the comforter perfectly.




Still need to find some decorations to make it just right, but it will come together!


Lexi


linking to:


www.iheartnaptime.net

No comments:

Post a Comment