Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cupcake Stand

Here is another project that I have had on my “to do” list for quite some time. With vacation time the past couple of days, I finally got around to doing it. It was so easy that I have no idea why I didn’t do it sooner! Here is what I started with along with gorilla glue and e6000:

I had bought these plates on clearance after Christmas and got the candlestick holders at Goodwill for 50 cents each. I placed the candlestick holder on the bottom of the plate, made sure I had it centered, traced around it, and then glued it on with gorilla glue. I put a book on the top of them while drying to make sure they stayed in place.

While putting the 2 pieces together, I repeated the same steps as above, except I used e6000 instead of gorilla glue. The e6000 dries clear and doesn’t expand like gorilla glue does.

And here is the finished project. Now all I have to do is make some cupcakes to put on it!

Lexi

1 comment:

  1. I really want to make one to these, but don't have anywhere to store it! Great job Lexi!

    ReplyDelete