Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easy as ABC

Hey Guys! Sorry I have been slacking at posting my projects, but over Easter weekend I got a ton done and will have a few fun new posts to share with you.



My mom asked me to help her decorate the nursery at her church a few weeks ago and I was so excited. I love, love decorating baby nurseries! I started flipping through some Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware catalogs for ideas. I found this in restoration hardware:





While I wasn’t in love with the ducks, I loved the frames and knew the perfect guy who could help me make them…good old dad! I had a fun idea for the frames and couldn’t wait to get started.



I did a horrible job at taking pictures throughout this project—just had too much going on. To make the frames, we just used some scrap wood that was 1 inch thick. We (ok, my dad) cut it down to be 4 inches wide. We left the middle hole 4”x6”. We glued and screwed them together and they were ready for paint. I only ended up getting them primed-this was one of my last projects of the weekend-but I put them together to show you what they will look like:





I cut down some fun scrapbook paper that I had on hand to fit the hole. I cut out the letters on brown vinyl with my cricut and stuck them on. Aren’t they going to look cute in a nursery? Here are close-ups. Remember, they are not painted at this point, just primed. They will be painted an off white and be hung on beige walls.







Fun! Check back this week for more fun projects for the nursery.

Lexi


Linking to:


www.iheartnaptime.net

No comments:

Post a Comment