Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pom Pom Pillow

I had seen a really cute idea for a felt flower throw pillow out there in blog world and thought I’d make one for my bed. I got started and really hated it so went with plan B-ok, so I didn’t have plan B and the pillow sat there for a few weeks. I finally made my way back around to finishing it…

        

Here is what I did:

  • First I covered a throw pillow that I wasn’t using with a remnant of linen fabric.
  • I found some circles that I had cut out of the same fabric (from another project I scraped). They were about 2.5” in diameter. I also cut some circles out of peach chiffon to add in the mix
  • I folded the circles into quarters and hand sewed them onto the pillow

I repeated the process with the linen circles until I had made 3 pom poms on the pillow. Then I went back and added in the chiffon circles. Here it is in its new home:

Maybe this will inspire me to make my bed every morning:)

Lexi          

 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment