Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chicken and Biscuits

Its Tuesday again, which means its time for another recipe. This one I actually didn’t find on pinterest- aren’t you proud of me! I promise I will have some new crafts for you here soon, I’ve just had a couple of really busy weekends and have been slacking in  the craft department. I do have a couple of things in the works right now though!

Today’s recipe, Chicken and Biscuits, is easy, affordable, and fills up a whole family. Just a warning, I did forget to take a picture of the finished product. It doesn’t look extremely appetizing until its cooked, but I promise it does taste good!

Ingredients:

1 cup diced celery

1/3 cup diced onion

2 cups diced, cooked chicken (I use 2-3 chicken breasts)

2 cans cream of mushroom soup

1 can milk (by “can” I mean the cream of mushroom soup can probably equivalent to about a cup)

1 can biscuits

shredded cheese

Directions:

1-Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2-Sauté onion and celery.

3-Cut biscuits into fourths, layer on the bottom of 9x13 greased pan.

4-Mix soup, milk, cooked chicken, and cooked celery/onions together and pour over biscuits. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes (I usually cover it with tin foil) or until biscuits are no longer doughy. Top with cheese. Allow cheese to melt in oven and then it is ready to go.

My nieces who are 6 and 3 love this and ate a ton when I made it for them. Hope you enjoy it as well!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment