Monday, February 27, 2012

Made it Monday: Lucky

Finally, I’m back with some crafts! I am so excited to share what I have been working on with you! After taking down all of my Valentines décor, I started working on decorating my place for St. Patrick’s Day. I had an idea in my head for a while to make an art piece out of a cupboard door I found in a free pile at a garage sale. Here is what I came up with:



I started off by removing the hardware and sanding it down (I love my mouse sander!). There was a good size hole in an awkward spot from where the handle was, so I knew I was going to have to be creative in order to cover that up.




After I sanded it, I primed and spray painted it. Then I roughed up the edges a bit to give it an aged look.




Next, I used my cricut to cut out the word “lucky.” I debated weather to use my vinyl as a stencil and paint on the word or to use the green vinyl. I decided I liked the green vinyl and it would be a lot easier, so I went with that.




To finish it off and cover up that hole, I rolled some flowers out of remnant fabric/burlap and hot glued them on. It is enjoying its new home on my seasonal shelf and I’m lovin’ it!



I finished a lot more fun projects over the past few days and will be sharing them with you soon!


Lexi


Linking to:


www.iheartnaptime.net

No comments:

Post a Comment