Happy Valentine’s Day! If you have a little time to make a special treat for your Valentine, I have a fun one to try. I thought these cupcakes turned out as a total flop, but turns out, everyone I gave them too really liked them.
Here is what you need:
1 brownie mix
1 strawberry cake mix
3 egg whites
1/2 cup canola oil (plus 2 tbsp.)
1 1/3 cup water (plus 1/4 cup)
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line muffin cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together the brownie mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup canola oil, and 1/4 cup water in a bowl. Stir just until fully incorporated, about 50 strokes; set aside.
- Mix the cake mix, 2 tablespoons canola oil, 1 1/3 cup water, and 3 egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
4. Spoon the brownie batter into prepared muffin cups. I put about a heaping tablespoon in each. Spoon the cake batter over the brownie batter, until muffin cups are each 2/3 full.
5. Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 20-25minutes.
Some things I found out when baking these that may be helpful:
-The cupcakes that didn’t have quite as much brownie mix in them baked more evenly than the ones that had more brownie mix. (One issue I had was my cake mix part of the cupcake was done, but the brownie wasn’t.)
-It may be beneficial to spray the liners with cooking spray. Some of my liners were tough to get off.
I made some easy homemade frosting to top them off. Here is that recipe:
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. butter or margarine, softened
2 tbsp. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Mix the ingredients together, frost and enjoy!
Soon I will have some fun St. Patrick’s Day projects to show you, so keep checking back!
John 15:9-14 (Jesus speaking) “As the father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in His love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command.”
I am reminded today that Jesus is the true epitome of love. Happy Valentine’s Day!
ps-this again was a pinterest recipe-http://iheart2stamp.com/2010/06/