Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What the Word Says Wednesday: Got Grace?

Do you ever have those days when you feel like no matter what you do, you just are not good enough and aren’t sure if you ever will be? Do you question why would God ever want to use you? It is so easy when we have those days to let ourselves get down. Today, I just want to share with you a little bit of what God has been revealing to me about this.

This past August, the young adult group at my church (shout out to all my friends at EPAG ignite young adults!) went on a camping trip. I led one of the morning devotionals and the topic I chose was this- Can God Use Me? It had been on my mind a lot a that time and since then. Well, the past month or so I feel like God has been hammering His answers into my head. It seems like every sermon or podcast I listen to has been on this subject. Even our young adult Bible study has been covering this!

Here are a few of the key take a ways that I have found:

**Satan is always trying to steal our joy and one way he does it is by filling our minds with lies (such as I’m not good enough). We need to stand firm on what God has promised us! The only way we will know what God has promised us is by getting to know Him more, by spending time with Him and reading the Bible.

John 10:10: The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”

**A lot of the people God used in mighty ways in the Bible had screwed up BIG time in their lives! Moses was a murderer (Exodus 2:12), David committed adultery and killed a man to try and hide it (2 Samuel 11),  Saul (who became Paul) persecuted the Christians (Acts 8), and there are many more examples. God has given us His grace as a free gift for us to accept. He will forgive us of any of our sins –all we have to do is ask!

Ephesians 1:6-8 “6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves. 7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8 that he lavished on us.”

**God loves us so much! He is there for us no matter what and he won’t let us go!

Jeremiah 31:3 “The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.”

**Times in life are not always going to be easy, but our heavenly father is there for us to look to and seek direction from. He will never give us more than we can handle. I love what my pastor said a couple of weeks ago- “Our scars on earth (scars we get from the trials we go through) will be beauty marks in heaven.”

1 Corinthians 10:13 “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”

Below is the chorus to the song “Outta my Mind” by Anthem Lights. It speaks the desire of my heart and think it fits with this topic.

Get me outta my mind and into Your heart
It’s not about me, it’s not about me
So I’m gonna start playin’ my part in Your design
Now is the time
Get me outta my mind

This is the full song if you’d like to hear it.

I will leave you with this: Stand on God’s promises- learn them, memorize them. They are your greatest weapon against the enemy! Be encouraged, because you are more than enough in Him!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment