Monday, March 26, 2012

Made it Monday: Spring Banner

The other night, my friend and I ran to the grocery store to grab a few things to complete our meal, when a banner in the floral department caught my eye. It was so cute and I knew that I had to make one of my own for my seasonal table. I’m pretty sure I’m going to change the ribbon color on my banner (I’m just not diggin’ the pink), but I love the rest of it!

Here is how I made it:

I started out by cutting six pieces of burlap, each the same size.  I removed a few strands of burlap off of each end to make the edges appear frayed. Next, I used my cricut to cut out the word “spring,” making sure to leave space between each letter. By leaving space between each letter, it allowed me to use the vinyl surrounding each letter as a stencil. I placed my homemade vinyl stencil for the letters on  each piece of burlap and used craft paint to fill in the stencil.

After letting the paint dry for a bit, I took off the vinyl.

To finish the banner, I hot glued each of the letters to a piece of ribbon.

Can I just say that this banner is making me so excited for spring and my spring vacation!?!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment