Monday, March 5, 2012

Made it Monday: St. Patty’s Day Frame

Can I just say I love the dollar frames from Michaels!?! They are such  a fun way to add a little bit of holiday spirit for a low cost. I have spruced up these frames for Christmas, Valentine’s Day and now St. Patrick’s Day. Here is the frame I made for a buck:

Here are the simple steps to making your own:

First, take your dollar frame and Mod Podge it. I like to use matte Mod Podge. (Yes, this is the back of the frame- I forgot to take a picture of the front before I put on the paper:)

Lay the scrapbook paper of your choice over top of the Mod Poged frame and add another layer of Mod Podge over the top of the paper. Allow the Mod Podge to dry and then cut the paper out of the center of the frame and from the outer edges. I like to use sand paper and sand the edges to get rid of any scissors marks or uneven cutting.

Next, I cut out a smaller piece scrapbook paper for the corner and Mod Podged that on. To complete the frame, I hot glued on two rolled burlap flowers.

Here is the completed console table (pre-picture).

It added such a cute touch to the St. Patrick’s Day table.

Happy Monday!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment