Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: Chickpea Burgers

You know when you find one of those recipes that is so good you just have to share it? Today’s recipe is one of them!

My friend and I decided to make a “pinterest meal” on Sunday night (all our dishes were recipes we had found on www.pinterest.com) We decided to make Chickpea Burgers, Avocado Fries, and BLT Pasta Salad (this was actually a leftover from a gathering on Saturday night). Our absolute, hands down favorite dish of the night was the Chickpea Burgers! They were delicious, easy to make, and healthy!

I didn’t take pictures while making any of these, but I will link you up to the recipe source-http://www.howsweeteats.com/2012/03/bbq-cheddar-chickpea-burgers/ 

The only changes we made were that:

~We had our burgers on “slims” from Trader Joe’s instead of on buns.

~My friend also just chopped the veggies, rather than putting them in the food processor. We both liked having the veggies a little bigger in the burger. It added some texture.

These were so good that my friend and I are going to make another batch this week!

For those of you pinterest users who may have pinned the Avocado Fries, I would suggest skipping them. They were not good and were kind of time consuming to make.

The BLT Pasta Salad was good, but needed a little jazzing up. It was good, but lacked a little something. I remember my sister-in-law making this once, and hers was much better.

Happy cooking!

Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment